This post contains affiliate links for products we recommend, affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate the site earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
The Pro Ion rechargeable cordless clipper from Wahl Professional Animal is built to achieve maximum performance with an advanced, patented motor that provides substantial power and speed without producing additional heat or noise. Designed for trimming faces, ears, and paws on all dog breeds and occasional body clipping on light to medium breeds, the Pro Ion rechargeable cordless clipper from Wahl offers substantial power and speed without producing additional heat or noise. The Pro Ion’s Lithium Ion battery is designed for run times up to 2 hours and operates at full speed until the battery is completely depleted. This versatile clipper’s easy-to-adjust #30-15-10 cut length lever makes different cutting lengths convenient and easy. The kit includes the Pro Ion Cordless Clipper, storage case, charging cord, styling comb, cleaning brush, blade oil, stainless steel scissors, and attachment guide combs. Made in the USA and backed by a one-year warranty. The Pro Ion is made for use in electrical outlets in the United States only; not designed for international use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t my clipper feed through the hair?
Chances are that the clipper is functioning properly, however the problem usually is within the blade set. Most often, the blade sets may be dull or have a buildup of dirt and hair. Sometimes all it takes is one hair trapped between the top and bottom blades to affect the cutting performance of the blades. Remove the blade from the clipper and use the cleaning brush provided to remove any accumulated dirt and hair. Oil generously with the Wahl blade oil and reassemble. If the blade is dull or worn, you may elect to have it resharpened at the factory, credible sharpening service, or purchase a new blade at a Wahl dealer.
Can my blades be sharpened?
Most Wahl blades are designed for maximum life and can be resharpened by Wahl Clipper or a credible independent sharpening service. Check with a Wahl dealer or call 800-PRO-WAHL for information regarding your clipper and blades.
Do I need to oil my blades?
It is strongly recommended that you keep your blades well lubricated at all times, even during storage between usage. Although Wahl blades are protected from corrosion, they will eventually rust if not taken care of properly. It is suggested that you apply a liberal amount of oil occasionally during use and after the job is finished. Take the time to properly clean the dirt and hair from your blade and apply oil to the entire blade to prevent corrosion.
What kind of oil should I use?
Every Wahl Clipper is packaged with a tube or bottle of Wahl blade oil. It is recommended that you use only Wahl oil on your blades. Other aerosol type lubricants can evaporate leaving the metal susceptible to corrosion.
Do I need to buy blade coolant?
The majority of our clippers do not require blade coolant sprays, however some of the high performance, high speed professional units may require the use of coolants for the comfort of the animal.
- Designed for trimming faces, ears, and paws on all dog breeds and occasional body clipping on light to medium breeds, the Pro Ion rechargeable cordless clipper from Wahl offers substantial power and speed without producing additional heat or noise
- The Lithium Ion battery allows for 2 hours of cordless run time. The 15-minute quick charge feature provides an extra 10 minutes of clipping for every 15 minutes charged
- The Pro Ion Clipper also features an easy-to-adjust standard #30-15-10 adjustable blade
- Operates at a powerful 6,000 strokes per minute, making clipping fast and easy
- Measures 7.25 by 2 by 1.25 inches (H x W x D); weighs 10.3 ounces
- Includes the Pro Ion Cordless Clipper, storage case, charging cord, styling comb, cleaning brush, blade oil, stainless steel scissors, and attachment guide combs
- Made in the USA and backed by a one-year warranty
- Made for use in electrical outlets in the United States only; not designed for international use